2.26.2016

4 Proven Things That Build Dreams

Dreams. We all have them. We are all someway, somehow working towards the things we want most out of life. We all are also sometimes daunted by the steps it may take to make our dreams a reality.
I for one struggle with the size of my dreams and how exactly to bring them to pass. Lately I've implemented the use of these four tool thats are making it easier for me to dream big, set goals and gain personal success.
Some folks like to schedule Thee Heck outta their days. I just can't. I'm a super creative person that needs room to just be creative. Without time constraints and barriers, but I also understand that value of time. Especially time wasted. This may go without saying, but by having a planner in which you can write down you dreams and develop small goals you can reach to get you there, you are keeping yourself accountable. 
So I invested in the Horatio Printing 'The Best Is Yet To Come' planner. This planner allows me to manage the stuff I needed to get done with a focus on while highlighting the small success I achieve along the way. There are so many planners out there that you can choose that fit your personality and time management style. Some of which are pricey, so think of it as an investment in your future. Or if you're just not willing to spend the cash on a super detailed planner, start with one from your local Target or Wal-Mart! 
Day Designer // $49 - $59
Sugar Paper Planner // $9
Simplified Planner // $50 - $66
Passion Planner // $24 - $34

So I've low-key fallen for the hype behind these adult coloring books.I like colors. I like coloring. And sometimes I like to color in coloring books. It's like Alice falling down the rabbit hole once I get ahold of those blank pages. I turn black and white into Louvre worth art  (and that's me being humble about it.)
So how does this contribute to building dreams? Nothing directly. But how many of us get so drowned in the day-to-day stresses of life that we don't take time for ourselves to just breathe? Coloring is a simple thing that allows you to zone out and just relax.  Because you're not reaching your goals if you're too stressed to do anything but worry.


I've collected a small group of motivational and spiritual books that I read almost every morning. Not all of them. But some combination of them I open up and digest everyday. For me, devotionals that highlight God's messages get me in the right frame of mind for my day. 
It's amazing how what you do in the morning affects how you feel and interpret things during the day. So finding the time to get motivated in the morning - dedicating 5 minutes for your mental/spiritual health - is one of the greatest things I've done for myself and my future.
 "How to be successful" books are a good point of reference on how specific individuals reached a perceived level of success that often include anecdotes that encourage you to be the best. They're great. But all the books on how to be successful will not make your dreams a reality.

 These books are nothing compared to the words of encouragement and vision that you can speak in your own life.  

I have plenty of blank notebooks. Many of which are not even filled. But each of the holds a vision and thought process that has led to me setting a goal and reaching it. So write your own story. Take a look at your thoughts, put them to paper and ponder them. Pick them a part. Devise a plan that will make your dreams a reality.
 
 photo 2cae9a25-9db5-42b9-b0dc-5675a6648ae1_zps0f26c631.png

No comments

Post a Comment

© FINDING LEXMaira Gall