3.09.2015

Finding Food - Blueberry Wonder

One of the new year's/life resolutions was to do more of the things I love. 
I love to create things and bring things to life. I enjoy taking things that would seemingly have no power alone and combine them to create magic. Thus, my love for baking is born.
This is my first layered cake.



Ignore the pizza pan that I had to frost it on ( a girl's gotta go what a girl's gotta do), but this small stack of blueberry goodness has been my pride and joy for the last day. Made completely from scratch, this beauty is a beast in the flavor department.



I call her: Blueberry Wonder. Pound cake layered with a blueberry sauce and frosted with blueberry butter cream. 
Taking the time to build something from nothing is truly an awarding experience. In a world where instant gratification is the norm, it was so refreshing to take the time to bake this cake and really make it good.
I love her :)
 photo 2cae9a25-9db5-42b9-b0dc-5675a6648ae1_zps0f26c631.png

No comments

Post a Comment

© FINDING LEXMaira Gall