5.01.2015

Loving Mother Earth


Sometimes I feel like I get so lost in my day to day responsibilities that I forget to spend time with Alexis. Ask her how she's doing, how are her dreams coming along, has she found time to do things she loves.

Sometimes I forget that Alexis loves classical music, tomato sauce and art. She enjoys Zumba Fitness classes and creating delicious foods. All of these things that make up who she is are wonderful and deserve to be cultivated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend I took a trip to downtown Orlando to partake in the Earth Day celebration put on by my city. (que ' I Put On For My City' by Young Jeezy).

I personally LOVE outdoor festivals and events. Sidewalk art shows, concerts in the park. ..  anything that requires me to walk around and sit outside. So this was the perfect opportunity to do just that. AND it just so happened to be for Earth Day which is another initiative that I fully support.








Downtown Orlando is one of those places that has hidden gems that were organically created in time. As we were walking the streets to the event Lovie and I stumbled upon this pretty awesome looking cobblestone street that had been overgrown with grass. It was beautiful to say the least.




The festival was awesome! There were tons of tents set up selling vegan dishes, organic juices, henna designs, gluten free baked goods, you name it! There were also tents that were set up to inform to the community of local farmers and lifestyle options that support a healthy environment.

Lovie has taken up photography and is getting really really good :) He took the time to take few pictures of the festival and the area in general. I love his work and the things he produces from behind the lense.




“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.” 
― Jack London
 photo 2cae9a25-9db5-42b9-b0dc-5675a6648ae1_zps0f26c631.png


No comments

Post a Comment

© FINDING LEXMaira Gall