10.09.2015

Why My Family is Cooler Than Yours



Have I ever told you about that one time my sister and I planned to attend Afropunk ATL and it got canceled? No?

Well that totally happened. Leading us down the road of non-refundable plane tickets and shattered dreams. Seriously, I planned my looks for the event and had conceived ideas of cultural grandeur I'm sure would only be present at Afropunk.

All that down the drain, literally via unexpected rainstorms. And just like that Sissyr and I had an open weekend.

If you know my family, than you know it is no surprise that they booked a hotel room and traveled the few hours up to Orlando to engage in ultimate fun to replace the heartbreak that was Afropunk. We were in between going to Cirque Du Soleil and Universal Studios, and after a few moments of concern on my end, from wanting the weekend to be the best for everyone, we decided in Universal.

We were fortunate enough to get discounted park ticket via Lovie's sister  - thanks Whit! - who is still a current student at UCF  ( my ol' tired and ragged ID was not getting us anywhere). So needless to say, we were #turnt and about that #YOLO come Saturday afternoon.
 
We arrive at Universal at around 5:00 to find that the park would be closing early in preparation for Halloween Horror Nights. Say what now?! So we were left in quite the sticky situation. Either we hang at the park for two hours OR we go to HHN. 

If I can just be super candid with you - I was worried. I did not want to waste our good tickets on two hours at a theme park but I also was not sure the family was down for fright night. So we make the executive decision to look into the option of switching our standard tickets to HHN tickets, just to see if we even had the option.

I had to walk all around to numerous Guest Services stations before I got a logical answer to that inquiry. Seems like basic math is not a point of strength for us all but I digress. Long story short we got to exchange our tickets for HHN tickets for an additional $10 bucks, and the turn up was back on!

I think there was a bit of apprehension from the parents at first, but let me tell you we had a blast! It was the best decision we could have made! Not only did we get to experience the rides at the park but we got the additional sense of entertainment and fun with the haunted houses and scare zones. 

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER! It would not have been the same kind of weekend without my family and the strange turn of events that led us to HHN. The laughs, the screams, the irreplaceable moments of family bonding - seriously, the best.

What was suppose to be a sister's getaway turned into one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Who knew that Halloween Horror Nights would be the event that would bring my family even closer together than we were before. Those hours spent screaming and laughing reminded me how precious time with your loved ones is. 

My family is way cooler than yours. Sorry, not sorry.
What are some of your most random family moments? I'd love to know :)

 photo 2cae9a25-9db5-42b9-b0dc-5675a6648ae1_zps0f26c631.png

No comments

Post a Comment

© FINDING LEXMaira Gall