8.14.2015

Finding Friday









So, I did a juice fast. A 6 day juice fast to be exact.

I did it because I needed to restart my life - spiritually, physically, mentally. And seek God for direction on my life's purpose. Yes, deep . . . I know.

But let me tell you it was one of the best decisions I have made in awhile. I proved to myself that I am strong enough push through to reach goals despite worldly temptations and keep true to my word. 

I guess I'll have write a more detailed post about my fasting experience! It may just be too much for this Finding Friday. 

But since the fast I have been more diligent than usual about what I put in my body. And the amounts.  Honestly, I just want to live a spirit filled, health focused lifestyle that takes me through life's journey prepared and strong. 




My mom's birthday was this past Saturday ( Happy Birthday Ma! ) So I drove down to my hometown to surprise her with a family get-together at our local skating rink.

Ya'll. . . trying to keep a secret from my mama is like trying to stop Sallie Mae from calling you about your student loans. . .  it ain't gonna happen.

So needless to say my family and I had to engage in top level sneakiness to get anything done. But it all went off without a hitch!

The extended family met at our home for a light lunch of delicious summer fresh eats and then we all headed to the rink.  I swear my parents and aunt are like pro skaters who spend their free time at the skating rink perfecting their skills, because they were amazing. Meanwhile, my siblings and cousins were struggling for the first hour or so ( womp ).

But never fear! Once we got into the groove, we were all having the best time. So much fun! And mom really enjoyed herself. Yay!





 photo 2cae9a25-9db5-42b9-b0dc-5675a6648ae1_zps0f26c631.png

No comments

Post a Comment

© FINDING LEXMaira Gall